Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Return of the Collegiate

Today was the first day of school for students returning to WWU.  Yeah, I'm not sure how that works either.  The end of September seems like a bit of a tardy start, but apparently it has something to do with Western adhering to the "Quarters" system instead of the traditional semester layout.  Beats me.

On one hand, it's fun.  All the young people are back, everything's busy again.  Everywhere you look, you can see someone doing something interesting.  I like a crowd and love the energy of a college town in full bloom.

On the other hand, it's also kind of annoying.  All the young people are back, everything's busy again.  The busses are jam-packed, lines have popped up for literally everything, and traffic seems worse than ever.  I like my solemnity and the peacefulness of a college town without all the damn students.

I suspect this newfound duality has something to do with underhanded attempts of maturity on my ego's part.  Perhaps it's trying to convince me that I'm in my late twenties.  And that's why my ego will always be ego and not superego, because it's stupid.  I am now, and forever shall remain, a mere twenty-four years old.

Go Vikings.


Also, I have no clue who these people are.  They came up when I googled "WWU students."

1 comment:

  1. I grew up in California and school started sometime in mid-September and let in mid-June. It was a bit difficult to get used to school starting in August but I really like the idea that Christmas break is also the semester break. It was awful to have school work hanging over one's head during Christmas.

    ReplyDelete