Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lazy autumn days

Autumn has always been my favorite season. I love the chilly air, and watching the leaves do their best impression of 2-D popcorn. I love wearing long sleeves, taking a shower to warm up, and comfortably drinking hot coffee in the middle of the afternoon.  I love the food, the festivities, and the meloncholy.

Today was the first day that actually felt like autumn. I had the day off, and spent the majority of it cooking breakfast, lounging around reading comics and listening to the radio. At around six, I finally forced myself outside, walking down the hill and over to McDonalds to grab some cheap McNuggets ($1.99 for a ten-piece! Whoo!), and then walking to Blockbuster to see if there was anything I felt like watching (nope). I’d planned to walk around a bit more, maybe end up downtown to the library or into Fairhaven, but was surprised to realize I was actually kind of cold. Too cold to be wandering around in a t-shirt and flip flops, at least. I walked back up the hill to our apartment, enjoying the brisk feel of the weather but also more than a little eager to get back to the comfortable warmth on the other side of the sliding glass. As soon as I got back inside, I closed the windows, wrapped myself in my bathrobe, grabbed a comic and plopped on the couch. I was asleep within minutes.

Days don’t get much better than that.



Required reading for lazy autumn days.

1 comment:

  1. I would enjoy autumn a lot more if it were followed by spring rather than winter.

    ReplyDelete