Thursday, September 23, 2010

Outsourced? Seriously?

So tomorrow is Thursday.  But not just any Thursday.  It's the beginning of NBC's Thursday fall lineup.  You know what that means...

  • More tepid episodes of "The Office."  Yeah, okay, enough with Jim and Pam already.  Christ.
  • More episodes of the hotness that is Tina Fey, the bastardismo that is Alec Baldwin, and the mental train wreck that is Tracy Morgan, in the show that is "30 Rock."
  • A new season from those scrappy underdogs over at "Community."  Initially I wasn't a huge fan of this show, but it really grew on me.  That paintball episode.  Brilliant.
  • All new episodes from "Parks and Recreation," undoubtedly the best show on NBC's lineup, featuring a great cast, hilarious writing and Aubrey Plaza as April the ravenous underachiever.  Man I love this show.  It's shows like this one that give me hope for the future of the network.
  • Some new bullshit show called "Outsourced."

Guess I won't be seeing you 'till November, Baby.

Really, NBC?  You're pushing "Parks and Recreation" back to mid-season just so you can launch another sitcom about people talking on phones all day?  Do you have any idea how eagerly I've been waiting for more DJ Roomba?  So this is how you treat your loyal viewers, eh?  Conan has taught you nothing?  Well then, good day, sir.

I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!

2 comments:

  1. For the most part, I have outsourced TV itself to the internet. Abby still watches some HGTV, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, we didn't even have any TV channels for the first year after moving to Washington. Finally we broke down and signed up for basic cable so that we could watch the final season of Lost as it aired. Honestly, I wouldn't mind going back to that now. Most of the shows I like can be found online in some form or another.

    ReplyDelete