Friday, September 24, 2010

All Star Superman Gets Animated

Via Bleeding Cool (via MTV) here's a trailer for the upcoming animated version of All Star Superman.  I agree with BC's Brendon; it's cool that they're making an animated version, but what I'm seeing in the trailer is a long, long way away from the greatest Superman story ever told.  Because that's what All Star Superman is. 

Origin story in four panels.  Yeah.
I'm not being hyperbolic.  It is. 

I guess the animators didn't even want to attempt to replicate Frank Quitely's gorgeous artwork from the book, so instead they're going with the same blocky, big-chinned WWII era animation style that Warner Brothers uses for every stinking DC animation project.  So that kind of sucks.  Also, the scenes from the trailer look like they're mostly from the last few issues of the comic.  Which, to me, implies that they're probably not going to touch on much of the middle issue-stories that made All Star Superman the greatest Superman story ever told.  So that sucks too.



But still.  It's an animated version of All Star Superman.  It could be a two-hour movie staring this guy and I'd still be stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment